The tub where I live is not really conducive to tub time but I fixed it up, set the scene and plopped in.
Then the second most remarkable thing happened – I relaxed. Like really and truly relaxed.
I am now completely converted and have decided that bubble baths need to be part of a regular regime in my life.
And now I want to convert YOU … so here you go Ladies (and Gents that are so inclined!) …
7 reasons that you should take a bubble bath right now …
1. It feels good – this may sound a bit simplistic but the fact is that a bubble bath does all kinds of wonderful things for your skin and body when you are using the right products – and this is really important – the right products. My personal favorite was a lovely gift from Lydia Sarfati the CEO of Repechage skincare – The Sea Spa Bubble Bath. Investing in the proper bubble bath solution ensures that you do not strip your skin of all the good stuff. Now back to feeling good … it just does. Steam, warm water, luscious odors – it is like a cocoon of feel good.
2. You can lock the bathroom door – I would also recommend a big sign on the door that says: Do not disturb unless you are bleeding. This is a perfect excuse for private time – YOU time. Lock the door and do not have one regret.
3. You can think – An amazing thing occurred to me in the bathtub amongst my bubbles. I could think. Ponder think. I could think without having a phone attached to my ear, without looking at a computer screen, without cats jumping all over my desk – without distractions, I found a small piece of my mind that had been crushed by the cacophony of life and technology.
4. You remember your toes – now this sounds a bit crazy but I looked at my toes. For the first time in ages, I had nothing better to do than contemplate my toes, think about lovely nail polish colors and confirm that I definitely need a spring is coming pedicure.
5. You can listen to whatever music you would like – when is the last time that you got to lie back and listen to music? No Sesame Street … no teeenager hijacking the car radio … music is bliss whne it comes from your very own playlist. I am now working on creating the very perfect playlist for Bubble Baths – stay tuned. Also, since the door is locked, you can sing and no one can stop you. HA!
6. Bubble Baths are a good excuse to redecorate the bathroom – now that you are in the home spa bubble bath zone, the bathroom should be your own little oasis and what makes an oasis a happy place? SHOPPING! This is the perfect time to do a little makeover on the bathroom – a new paint color, some lovely new towels, a bubble bath robe, maybe even a towel warmer and, of course, all the accoutrements of Bubble Bathdom – a wee little pillow, candles and the BUBBLE BATH!
7. Champagne tastes better in a Bubble Bath – so does red wine, lemonade, limeade, iced coffee, green tea or whatever else you decide to bring into your Bubble Bath Oasis. And you don’t have to share – not a bit.
My recommended Bubble Bath is from Repechage Skin Care – Sea Spa Bubble Bath – you can thank me when you are out of the tub!
What are your Bubble Bath tips? Leave me a comment!